[Sca-cooks] Kiri's Laurel

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Sep 11 09:01:03 PDT 2001

My thanks to you, Lady Olwen, for your kind words...and to everyone else on the
list as well.  I'm caught somewhere between being in a state of shock/disbelief
and being on Cloud 9 over the events of the weekend.  The award was not at all
expected, so it was a great surprise.  Especially surprising and very meaningful
was the fact that it was given not only for cooking, but for my research and
teaching of Japanese culture.

Thanks to everyone also for your advice, information and everything else.  This
is one of the most educational things I've ever participated in...I've learned
so very much from all of you!!!

Kiri