[Sca-cooks] Is everyone OK?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 11 09:49:05 PDT 2001

Ted Eisenstein wrote:

> >The military around here has gone to a threatcon level of either the delta or
> >bravo level.  At Andrews AFB, the airbase is frozen-in that no one can leave and
> >no one can enter unless they are on active duty.
>
> For those of us not in the military, could you explain what the various threatcom
> levels are? No-one on the news channels have had the time to, yet. . .
>
> Alban
> _________

"High Alert," which is pretty high.  Everyone we know in the military and reserves
have been called in, National Guard too.  The President is on an air force base in
Louisiana, and about to make a statement.  Disney and other theme parks are closed,
Major League Baseball nationwide is cancelled for the day.

The Latin Grammy Awards are tonight in LA.  No word yet as to whether they will go
on.  Most of the guests are probably in town already.  It was run out of Miami by
Cuban protests about a month ago.

Primetime Emmy Awards are Sunday.

Monday night is the beginning of the Jewish High Holy Days.

May the Divine help us all.
Selene