[Sca-cooks] Is everyone OK?

Diana tantra at optonline.net
Tue Sep 11 14:32:49 PDT 2001

I have heard from many of the SCAdians I know - all have so far been ok.
They have opened some trains going *out* of NYC.  There is no traffic being
allowed *in*.

Pray for many of my friend's (co-workers) husbands who are police officers.
Some of them were crushed in the falling rubble - some cell phones were
working in the afternoon.  We were sent home from work at 3pm since no one
was able to work.  I work and live on Long Island - and I am about 30 - 40
miles away from NYC, but everyone I know has either a family member or a
dear friend who works or lives in that area.

Lady Godiva watched the second plane hit as well as the second tower
collapse.  Please contact the blood line first before crowding the hospitals
as well.  Here in Suffolk County, we have taken part of the patients from
all of Nassau County's hospitals so they can handle the overflow from the
city if necessary.

Call the Red Cross, hold a prayer circle if you believe in it, or just go to
comfort a friend - all acts of kindness are needed in this world now.  This
has affected not only those on the East coast, but all of our nation -
without knowing who the actual enemy is, we have been thrown into a war.

The implications of this heinous act are deeper than people might think: The
transportation in the financial center in NYC is seriously messed up; with
no trucks being allowed into NYC, they have perhaps 3 days before serious
shortages start showing up in the markets; our national confidence is
undermined by this vicious attack on our home turf and Wall Street may not
recover from this hit for a while.

I'm actually very happy that I am moving at the end of the month.

Diana d'Avignon