[Sca-cooks] Re: Is everyone ok?

Anne du Bosc mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 19:12:08 PDT 2001

Mordonna here in Atenveldt.
Everyone I know here is okay.  The Bank One
building was closed, as were all federal
buildings, I think.  I work in support for a
company that provides medical management
software.  Our headquarters is in Atlanta.
Around 4 PM we were sent home, because of the
stress and general confusion.  All day there was
a security guard at our front door, checking to
make sure only employees went in or out.  There
is a four hour traffic jam of Military personnel
and dependents waiting to get into Luke AFB.
They are stopping and searching every vehicle
going in, and no one is coming out.
It is really, really weird not to see air traffic
here.  We are one of the busiest hubs in the
country, and there are always several contrails
visible, as well as helicopters, hang gliders,
private planes, ultralights, and hot air
balloons.  The skies over Phoenix are normally
CROWDED.  Today, there is nothing, exept the
F16's being scrambled from Luke.
Motorola has lots of plants in town, they are one
of the biggest employers.  Security has been
clamped down, and some plants have closed.
Allied Signal is on alert.  The Palo Verde
nuclear plant is in security lock down.  A call
went out from the Aten Baronial list for
volunteers to go to the airport to see if any
Scadians were stranded there who might need crash
space.  Street traffic at rush hour was light,
and no police cars were apparent. (rare)
I am sad, and horrified, and the terrorists have
had a huge success by bringing terror to so many
hearts in our country.
May She bring you comfort and peace during this
troubling time.

Mordonna