[Sca-cooks] Thank You and Blood Donations

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Tue Sep 11 20:16:12 PDT 2001

First I want to thank all those people in the Chicago area (and as much as 2
hours away!) who called me to offer help getting my foster son, Robert Jacob
Innes (real name Robert P. Frisbee) out of O'Hare and on his way to family.
Robert was on his way home from Kentucky where he had just buried his mother
who unexpectedly died last week.  Calls went out and the person who went to
get him also volunteered to take him half way to Kentucky so he could meet
his older brother.  He thinks he has a new flight that will take him back to
Portland, Oregon on Friday.

Thanks Again to all of you.  The SCA takes care of its own, and anyone else
who happens to be handy!

Now, reference blood.  It looks as though the Red Cross is either taking
back it's ban on those of us who have lived in Europe, or denying that it
was to start NOW.  Which is what the message I got from Department of
Defense yesterday.  So, if you can give blood, give blood.  Remember they
are going to need it as desperately next week as they do today.  If they get
backed up it is possible that some of the blood might not be either usable
or where they need it, especially with the planes not moving.  It won't
spoil if it is still in your veins so wait a few days, but GIVE.

Regina Romsey, who is proud to claim you all, wherever you live, as friends