[Sca-cooks] Thank You and Blood Donations

Kayah fairyelf at accessv.com
Tue Sep 11 22:55:45 PDT 2001

> Do not decide for yourself that you can't donate because of medical
> condition <fill in the blank>  Let the blood collection staff make that
> decision.  They even have phone numbers you can call about it.  Really,
> the times I had to tell people "No, that is not a medical deferral.  You
> are eligible to donate."  There really aren't that many things that
> permanently defer people.

Ok.. I'm phobic of shots and anything involving a needle and something being
either shot into me or sucked out of me..  but I'm seriously considering not
thinking about it and walking into a blood donor clinic anyway.. My only
concern (other than fainting or running away as the nurse turns towards me
with the needle) is that I don't know my blood type.. Will they test it and
see or do I have to go somewhere else to see what it is... ???

Kay