[Sca-cooks] UA 93 (Pittsburgh crash)

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 12 04:47:23 PDT 2001

>Greetings,
>
>         This information came from another email list which I
>am on. I have removed most of the personal details, but
>Jeremy Glick was the nephew-in-law of one of the list members,
>and I therefore have no reason to doubt it's veracity.
>
>>  Today was a tragedy for all of America and to my family, a very personal
>>  one. Our niece's husband, Jeremy Glick was on United flight 93 this
>>  morning. When the Hijackers took control of flight 93. Jeremy called my
>>  niece who in-turn conferenced him to 911. Jeremy relayed to the police what
>>  was happening as the hijacking unfolded. As our niece listened, Jeremy
>>  told the police there were three Arab terrorists with knives and a large
>>  red box that they claimed contained a bomb. Jeremy tracked the second by
>>  second details and relayed them to the police by phone. After several
>minutes of
>>  describing the scene, Jeremy and several other passengers decided there was
>>  nothing to lose by rushing the hijackers. Although United Flight 93 crashed
>>  outside of Pittsburgh, with the loss of all souls. Jeremy and the other
>>  patriotic heroes saved the lives of many people on the ground that would
>>  have died if the Arab terrorists had been able to complete their heinous
>>  mission.
>>
>>  Please offer your prayers for all of those who perished or were injured in
>>  this tragic of all days and to our niece and her 2-month-old child who are
>>  left without their loving Husband and Father.
>>
>>  May we remember Jeremy and the other brave souls as heroes, soldiers and
>>  Americans' on United flight 93 whom so gallantry gave their lives to save
>>  many others.
>
>         Our thoughts are with you all. I hope that we can help from
>beyond the USA, in this terrible time, and in the difficult months
>which will undoubtedly follow.
>
>         Amanda
>
>amanda at treaclemine.cix.co.uk

I agree, it would have made great sense [to me] to rush them once it
was plain there would be no survivors anyway, and it was surely a
brave act. If you're going to have your life taken, far better to
sell it instead.

However, I note the rather prominent display of the claim that the
hijackers were Arabs, something few or none except for those on the
plane could really know, and which even Jeremy might have had an
extremely hard time knowing for sure. This is the only reason I have
for doubting any of the story. Perhaps it is bad reporting from an
obviously overwrought relative.

Adamantius, who'd like to be sure

--
Phil & Susan Troy