[Sca-cooks] Re: Horrified

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 12 08:23:10 PDT 2001

>I think it is safe to say that in addition to being horrified that something
>like this could happen in the good ol' US of A, many of us and our brothers
>and sisters in the Military are also outraged and want to invoke the laws of
>Karma as well. I know I certainly would like to get my hands and claws on the
>lunatic who ordered this. I know I could make him suffer until the GODS turn
>from him in horror. Maybe this is a bit over the top seeming, but I can't
>help it right now.

Anger understood. It needs to be understood and remembered, though,
that the laws of karma, the real ones, anyway, differ from the laws
of vengeance in that you/they/our military might not necessarily be
the instrument of karmic retribution. Sometimes anger is good, and
hate in this case is at least understandable, but they need to be
controlled. if only because that will make retribution, if it is in
our hands, more effective.

My eighty-three-year-old mother, one of the few truly devout
Christians I've met, who taught me the difference between anger and
hate, and who taught me to deplore actions, not people, told me
yesterday that what we need to do is fix it so that we can all go to
our world maps with a little pair of sewing scissors and carefully
remove Afghanistan, the entire country, from all our maps. The bottom
line is that yes, your anger is understandable, too.

One thing I'd like to point out, writing as I am from within sight of
the wreckage of downtown Manhattan's financial district, is that this
attack was intended to cripple our country's banks and stock markets,
our government, and to completely demoralize and terrorize our people
into utter immobility. For all the lives so basely taken, for all the
valued property destroyed, and for all the stress our innocent people
have borne, it needs to be realized that THIS ATTACK WAS A FAILURE in
the long run.

We have been stung by insects just about as hard as they were able
to, but we will swat them.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy