[Sca-cooks] UA 93 (Pittsburgh crash)

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 12 10:26:37 PDT 2001

>Just a quick point, both this stories have been confirmed in the news here in
>Australia, and on CNN which we are also getting,
>
>  > I have a few reasons for doubting any story being passed
>>  on the internet right now. Although this could be true it
>>  may also not be the total facts. I want to wait until things
>>  are confirmed. An example of which is the story of the passengers
>>  being allowed to call their families. There is no data to back
>>  this up. And I'm sure there are going to be a thousand stories
>>  about this tragedy hitting the airwaves soon enough. Some true,
>>  some mistaken and some deliberately spread. Let's step back
>  > from the emotions of the time and wait for things to sort out.

I'm working on the attribution settings for my mailer as we speak...

FWIW, some hours after the above was posted, no mention of this had
been made by CBS news, not too shabby even in comparison to CNN, who
have been known in the past to report rumors as fact (or perhaps to
fail to prevent impressionable viewers from being misled) in an
attempt to provide 24 hours worth of news coverage.

The possibility still exists, as far as I can tell, that these rumors
are just additional acts of "soft" terrorism, as anyvbody who uses
the internet has seen before.

As I write, at around 1:30 PM, EST, reports are being broadcast to
the effect that Osama bin Laden is one of various suspects being
investigated. Now it is true that Osama is, ethnically, an Arab, but
this almost doesn't matter at this point, given the complexity of his
organization.

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy