[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Newbie to the list....

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 12 12:43:11 PDT 2001

The cook part is defiantly fun. We put on a small feast for @20 people time
> period 800-1400. We try to stay period but without the info. it was hard.
> Then I found you list this summer and signed up for it. Taking links and
> recipes, to help me with setting up a feast. my part of the feast is a
herb
> crusted 1/4 lamb (it is great to raise your own meat and tell the butcher
> how you want it cut), roasted rabbit,and a turnip dish.
 My specialty is food of Englad/ welsh boarder before the nasty normans got
here.
So if you want any information/ recipies/research stuff, let me know. The
research I do tends to come from the archeology as newither the vikings or
the saxons wrote down many recipies. They did however throw out pots with
residue in and the local archeologists have investigated it.
vara