[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Newbie to the list....

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Wed Sep 12 13:03:44 PDT 2001

Why not use the group you have coming to your dinners as a core?  Do a
couple of your dinners as fund raisers, price them at the $10 a head you've
been using and build them for $6-$7 each (which is the usual budget in this
group for a pretty spiffy dinner, especially if you have access to cheap
meat), build up a reserve.  Use it to buy a full membership for one of your
group (so you'll get local publications).  Call the chatelaine of the group
that's an hour away and tell her you have 20 people who are excited about
medieval "stuff" and see if she can arrange for you to get visitors who can
walk you through subjects like "making basic cheap garb."