[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Newbie to the list....

Glenn Crawford gacrwfrd at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:30:48 PDT 2001

Thanks for the info, I will see if I can find a couple other interested in
the SCA.

Glenn

From: Elaine Koogler <ekoogler at chesapeake.net>
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Newbie to the list....
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:05:14 -0400

Very easy.  It takes a minimum of 5 people to start a new branch.  You have
then decide whether you want to go it alone...be an independent Shire...or
be
part of a larger group...Canton/College/Fort/etc. to a larger Barony.  If
you
do the former, you then contact your Kingdom Seneschal (look for contact
information on your Kingdom's web page) and tell them what you want to do.
If
the latter, contact the Barony's seneschal with the same information.  You
will
also have to come up with a group name and arms, and submit them to your
Kingdom or Barony's herald.  Once that has happened, the Kingdom Seneschal
will
notify the Corporate office of your intent, and your group will be
registered
as "incipient".  I'm not sure how long this status is in effect, but you
will
need to be sponsored by a group whenever you want to have an event while in
this status.

If there is anything further I can tell you, let me know.  I wish you luck!!

Kiri