[Sca-cooks] Thank You.

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Sep 14 07:47:39 PDT 2001

I don't think that what you said is trite or overemotional.  I think you just
voiced what we're all feeling.  We never know how much our friends and loved ones
mean to us until something like this happens, unfortunately.  I've had 3 brushes
with life-threatening illness, each one pulling me up short and reminding me that
I must "take time to smell the roses"...this time, I've experienced an even
deeper sense of the uncertainty of life.

I'm having a party for my birthday on October 27th...and I'm letting all of my
friends and family know how very important it is that they all be there so that
we can reaffirm our friendship with and love for each other!  It's my 60th, and I
know how many times I came very close to not being here for this.  That's why I
CELEBRATE each and every birthday because each and every year is one more that
I've been given.

Kiri