[Sca-cooks] comparisons (was Rest of World)

james rich 7152 at cableone.net
Fri Sep 14 09:51:35 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] comparisons (was Rest of World)

> Susan Fox-Davis wrote:
>
> > Superman - knight in shining armor
>
> Nah, generic peer.
> 1. Do the impossible.
> 2. Make it look easy.
> 3. Do it with a smile.
> 4. Inspire others.
>
> > Batman - sciences Laurel, it took him 20 years though 'cause of his
attitude

> Interesting. I saw him as a Pelican, one who will not let the frailties
> of human flesh get in the way of success.
>
> Wonder Woman is, of course, a Royal Peer by right of arms.
>
> The Green Lantern must be a board member ;  )

I keep seeing in my mind: Superman and the Flash getting everyone out of the
buildings in time and Green Lantern putting it all back together like it
never happened. Of course, more likely the whole thing would have been
foiled in the first place. Why don't we have real superheroes? *sigh*  8-(
AElfwenna