[Sca-cooks] Agree with Adamantius

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Sep 15 22:02:56 PDT 2001

John le Burguillun said:
> I have to agree with Adamantius.  Although it may sound ludicrous to say
> that we were "lucky" to "only" have 5,000 people killed, it honestly could
> have been much worse:

Thank you for listing the various items I had been thinking of.

Another point that I've also been thinking of, is that those severely
damaged towers collapsed almost entirely straight down. They very
well could have toppled over to one side. This could well have
toppled other buildings, which might have toppled other buildings
like a row of dominos. The previous terrorist attack on these
buildings (explosives in the underground garage) was trying to take
out several of the main support beams.

> Postscript:  When I went to send this, our computer ran it through the
> spell-checker 1st.  When it got to "Fallwell" it offered "Falafel" as the
> correct spelling.  I wonder if there is something it's trying to tell me?

Lol! Seems appropriate to me. I'm not fond of falafel, either.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net