[Sca-cooks] Isish recipieswas] we do care

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 16 10:05:36 PDT 2001

> OFC: I am looking for 5-6th century Celtic(Irish-Celt)recipes but am
having a
> great deal of difficulty as the written word didn't get to Eriu until
those
> darn priests got there.Hmph. Can anyone give me any ideas where to look
> except the Book Of Kells?
>
> Finnebhir
Do what I do when I stuck for early viking pieces.; Contact Dublin Museum
and get the address of the archeological dept. They have the reports from
the digs and are usually very happy toget the exact reports you need. In the
are hidden some real gems. Like the contents of middens and pots. Giving you
the ingriedients and cooking styles used and then you have the fun of
working out what they did with them.
vara