[Sca-cooks] Online dating.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Sep 16 11:08:22 PDT 2001

Michael Gunter wrote:

> >Now if you're cruising for babes on-line I'd be VERY concerned! :-0 ;-)
>
> Excuse me. But I met MY babe online!
>
> (Well, she liked my writings and then liked what she
> saw at an event and then....nevermind...)

Yeah, well that's kinda different. My SCA step-daughter (it's a long
story) goes on blind dates with guys she meets in chat rooms, which
gives me grey hairs. At least SCA contact gives you a bit of a filter.

OTOH, I sort of 'met' Seuams online- I met him several years ago, we
have lots of mutual friends, I'd chatted idly with him at events, etc.
But when he e-mailed out of the blue to say he'd heard I wasn't doing
well and wanted to know if I was ok... we started writing and look what
it led to! (And I got to know a really fascinating person, too!)

> >'Lainie who obviously hasn't enough to worry about...
>
> Gunthar
> Had to get a lady in another Kingdom because they
> know me here.

Hey, we tried to get you out here where they really don't know you, but
nooo...

;-D)

'Lainie