[Sca-cooks] Puck's theology

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Mon Sep 17 03:30:25 PDT 2001

You didn't really think I could pass this one up, didja?

>     What does an insomniac agnostic who happenes to be dyslexic worry
>     about in the wee hours when he can't sleep?

>      He ponders the existence of Dog.

>      Elizabeth

Ahem.... must be a cat lover if he has to think about it.... (Hush Marion)

Which leads us to Puck's theology, as preached on a daily basis by the Big
Yellow Dog:

1.  Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
2.  Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure
ecstasy.
3.  When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
4.  When its in your best interest, practice obedience.
5.  Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
6.  Take naps and stretch before rising.
7.  Run, romp and play daily.
8.  Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
9.  Be loyal.
10.  Never pretend to be something you're not.
11.  If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
12.  When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle
gently.
13.  Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
14.  Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
15.  Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
16.  On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
17.  When you are happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
18.  No matter how often you are criticized, don't buy into the guilt thing
and pout.  Run right back and make friends.

None of which means a damn thing if you forget the two most important rules
of Big Yellow Dogness::

19.  If you have food in your bowl, a warm, dry place to sleep and someone
to rub your belly once in a while, life doesn't suck.
20.  Rabbits, squirrels, snausages and girls are sufficient reasons to live
in and of themselves.

regards, Puck and the Big Yellow Dogs