[Sca-cooks] chili peppers

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Sep 17 06:11:37 PDT 2001

Well, I *was* supposed to be in SD, but it was cold and wet and raining
and muddy, and so we went home. Sigh. Anyway...

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> > Please do, if only for the niftiness value. One of the northern corners of
> > MN has a frost advisory for tonight--I don't know that the chilis can
> > produce fast enough to give me enough for a ristra before we get freezes.
> >
> > Margaret, who is sure that all the southwestern people on the list are
> > just amused as hell about this
>
> Yep. I didn't think chilis would grow that far north.
>
> Maybe you should have put it in a pot so you could bring it inside.

We do actually have a growing season up here, you know. It's not like it's
the polar ice caps, after all. ;-)

The pots are full of basil at the moment. It seemed like the thing to do
at the time--besides, I have no good cat-safe place for a potted plant of
any sort. I can't have any plants inside--the little furry demons consider
anything green in a pot as salad. Even miniature roses--you'd think the
thorns would be a detriment.

There should be enough chilis to warrant freezing them, though.

Margaret