[Sca-cooks] tribute OT

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Mon Sep 17 17:22:46 PDT 2001

You also have to remember that up to 100 British citizens are still missing
in that rubble, so a show of support is definitely important to the British
people. There are also 90ish Australians on the missing/dead list - our PM
said yesterday that if they're all gone, it's Australia's biggest peace-time
tragedy in human loss terms - he was giving a news conference 4 blocks from
the Pentagon when it was hit, so that brings it very close to home for him.

Nearly all the people from Australia's current largest tragedy (the
Granville Train Disaster) came from my area - a full express commuter train
derailed and brought down a bridge on top of itself in 1977, killing 83, and
we still feel the loss as a community. It's not going to be an easy time for
New Yorkers.

Glenda.

Food related topic - I made the Sekanjaban recipe up, mainly, I suppose, in
support of the middle eastern people who are having problems because of a
handful of extremists. My husband and myself love it, but the kids don't! A
good thing indeed.