[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anyway.. .

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 18 10:05:10 PDT 2001

Elaine Koogler wrote:
> Yeah, I caught the same grief at one of my early events over an obi (sash) I had
> made out of unbleached muslin...not from this person, but the woman who was the
> Principality Herald at the time.

Yeah, I've heard this from a friend who came to the East from Meridies,
and he had apparently had a similar experience, although what he was
wearing was simply a multi-colored, striped belt of which white was only
one of the colors.

So, not having gone and looked it up myself like a good peer, can
anybody tell me (preferably with some accuracy ;  )  ) whether white
belts and other insignia are specifically reserved by Corpora for
knights, etc., or is it really just an extremely well-observed
tradition? I live in a kingdom that has no sumptuary laws on its books,
so that's definitely not an issue.

My point is, if one decided to tell anybody to go *<ahem>* themselves,
and the horse they rode in on, if they had a problem with somebody's
belt at their first event, what's there, reasonably, to stop them? Anything?

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com