[Sca-cooks] Paschal Beets/New member intro.

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 10:25:03 PDT 2001

The pun tax:  if someone makes a pun in the King's hearing, the
instigator must pay 25 cents, usually going to a kingdom fund.  King
Gregory of Caid did this in 1980.  His immediate successor, King Adrian
instituted a minor variation:  if someone made a pun in the King's
hearing, DUKE GREGORY had to pay the 25 cents.  That was my first stint
on Royal Court, and I think I ran Greg's tab up 40 dollars on my own.
<evile grynne>

Selene