[Sca-cooks] Playdough question was Superheroes

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 18 17:52:54 PDT 2001

>      Maire, you don't happen to have that recipe, do you?  It was one Mom
> had in her head, and since she gone, I can't ask her.  It was mostly salt
> and produced by Morton Salt.   Elizabeth
No, I'm sorry, I sure don't... SNIPPED.....................
I bet you could find it by looking for the Morton salt website, or
asking some local preschool/kindergarten teachers, though.....
--Maire

I don't know if anyone answered this or not.
Here's the recipe from the Morton website where
it is in the household section and not in fun or
recipes section.

Sculpt with Klaymates - for Kids
 Kids and parents alike always have fun making Morton
Klaymates, rainy day salt sculpture friends.
 In medium saucepan, mix 1 cup flour, 1/2
cup Morton® Salt, 2 teaspoons cream of
 tartar, 1 cup water, and a few drops of
 food coloring (optional). Cook over medium heat,
 stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick
 and lumpy as it cooks. Cool slightly, then knead
 in 1 or 2 drops of vegetable oil. Store in a
plastic bag. For more brilliant shades, use paste food
colors, available where cake decorating supplies are sold.
NOTE: SALT SCULPTURE IS ART, NOT FOOD. IT IS NOT EDIBLE.
Johnnae llyn Lewis
Johnna Holloway