[Sca-cooks] mushrooms (was Italian Cookery)

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Sep 19 12:28:18 PDT 2001

Vittoria said:
> Thanks very much - these are going on my book list and then in a couple wee=
> ks I'll hit the library in earnest :)

In case you'd be interested in more books on Italian Cookery, there are
these two files in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium:
p-Italy-food-bib   (9K) 12/ 1/99    Bibliographies on period Italian
food.
cb-rv-Platina-msg (21K)  2/21/01    Reviews of cookbooks having Platina
recipes.

> And now for something completely different...if one is making a period mush=
> room dish, what sorts of mushrooms should one use?

We've had some discussion on this before. You might want to look through
this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section:
mushrooms-msg    (103K)  6/19/01    Period mushrooms. Recipes.

Stefan li Rous