[Sca-cooks] Jannissary Cooks

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 15:16:03 PDT 2001

Here are several books on Janissaries.

Huette

+++++++++

Nicolle, David.
  The Janissaries / text by David Nicolle, colour
plates by Christa Hook. -- London : Osprey, 1995.
64 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 25 cm. -- (Elite
series ; 58)
  ISBN 1855324970

Nicolle, David.
  The Janissaries / text by David Nicolle, colour
plates by Christa Hook. -- London : Reed International
Books, 1997.
64 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 25 cm. -- (Elite
series ; 58)
  ISBN 185532413X

Goodwin, Godfrey.
  The Janissaries / Godfrey Goodwin. -- London : Saqi,
1997.
  288 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
  ISBN 0863560490 (hb). -- ISBN 0863560555 (pbk)

Palmer, J. A. B.
  The origin of the Janissaries / by J.A.B. Palmer. --
Manchester : The Librarian, The John Rylands Library
..., 1953.

Evliyèa, efendi, ca.1611-ca.1682.
  In the days of the Janissaries; old Turkish life as
depicted in the "Travel-book" of Evliyâa Chelebi, by
Alexander Pallis. Introd. by Philip Graves. London,New
York, Hutchinson, 1951.
  236p. 36 plates (incl. ports.) map (on lining
papers) 23cm.

=====
shall never cease to be amused.