[Sca-cooks] Re: OT dye colors

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Sep 19 22:23:09 PDT 2001

Kylie asked:
> Well, it might be *another* non-food post, but it's very helpful! I'm just
> getting started in spinning and dyeing (not for any "period" purpose, but
> it's good to have an idea of what is period).
>
> Is there a dyeing/spinning type SCA list, similar to this one, do you know?

I think there are. You might also be interested in looking through
these files in the TEXTILE ARTS section of the Florilegium:
dyeing-msg       (162K)  2/28/00    Dyeing techniques and discussion.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/dyeing-msg.html
dye-list-art       (9K)  2/28/00    A list of period plant dyes by Moriel.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/dye-list-art.html
mordants-msg      (17K)  7/30/98    Info. on mordants. Period and modern.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/mordants-msg.html
spinning-msg      (52K)  6/23/00    Spinning wheels, spindles. techniques.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/spinning-msg.html
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net