[Sca-cooks] Question to the group....

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Thu Sep 20 14:13:22 PDT 2001

> > Either way, it gets cold up there and you have WINTER. :-(
>
> True, but not anything like New England winters, at least not the part
> of New York where I live. Generally we're considered the northernmost
> Middle Atlantic state.

Master Adamantius, you're lucky to be near the coast.  You have that
Gulf Stream thing working in your favor.  My in-laws who are two hours
northwest of you start getting snow around Thanksgiving and don't see
ground again until April.  We were married on the western edge of the
Adirondacks, and it snowed six inches five days before our (outdoor)
wedding in early October.  Fortunately, it melted and turned into balmy,
70 degree weather just in time...  Hey!  I was prepared!  I had silk
long-johns to wear under my wedding gown!  Thank goodness for REI  :)

-Magdalena