[Sca-cooks] Re: Count Gunthar

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Sep 20 19:12:04 PDT 2001

Actually, in my part of Artemisia, we're more prone to forest fires than
floods (a great deal of those terrible fires last summer happened in the
southern reaches of our Barony--we breathed smoke for months :-(].  And
don't you guys have those mudslides during the rainy season? (wait...I
guess that'd depend on the part of Caid you're talking about) .....gotta
give you this, though....your shopping's definitely better (I've been to
Orange County for my sister's graduation--nice ocean <g>)
--Maire
OFC: I've mashed and sieved my incipient pear butter, but am finding
that it's quite sweet without any additional sugar....how much do I need
to add as a preservative? Anybody got any ideas? If I left it alone at
this point (barring further cooking to thicken, and a few spices), it'd
make perfect gifts for all of my diabetic friends.