[Sca-cooks] Return of the Wanderer (partly OT)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 23 06:37:27 PDT 2001

On 23 Sep 2001, at 0:06, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Is this "Irish breakdast" something in particular? or do you just mean
> the breakfasts you had in Ireland? Either way, what did you have that
> you liked?

Adamantius has already answered you about the Irish Breakfast,
and I've added my comments in another message.  I particularly
liked the bacon and the white pudding.  The latter reminded me of
scrapple.

> What were the "pub grub" items that you had that you liked? disliked?

I liked fish and chips and shepherd's pie.  I disliked bacon and
cabbage.

> If you have recommendations on medieval points of interest in Ireland
> that I can add to my Ireland-msg file, I'd love to have them so that
> other can learn from or at least enjoy vicariously your experience. --

I;ll take a look at what's in the file.  I will say that the National
Museum of History and Archaeoogy is a must-see.  Not only do
they have gorgeous treasures like the Ardagh Chalice, they have
lots of everyday items, like Viking shoes and scissors and water
buckets.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net