[Sca-cooks] Montana vs. Texas

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Sep 23 08:46:59 PDT 2001

I don't know, Lainie....we're pretty spread out in this part of
Artemisia.  Our next-nearest barony is two states away, in your kingdom
(Wealdsmere).  There are a couple of tiny shires within 2-3 hours
travel.  Nearest in-kingdom barony is 5 hours away, in _good_ weather.
And Caontiarn really does live in BFE Montana--right plunkish in the
middle of the state.  Not exactly like it is in Atenveldt, with 3
baronies all in the Phoenix area.....
I'd say there's advantages both ways, although I've only "lived" in
Artemisia.  Being scattered forces you to play nice with the locals, but
it does slow down the number of people who'd travel to different groups
for different events, and when you _do_ travel, you still don't get to
see your out-of-area friends as often.  And of course, we have winter,
and the continental divide, and some decent mountain passes....which
makes seasonal travel -uhm- more challenging.  [no, no, Papa, it's not
that bad, really....you _would_ love it here in Artemisia...]
--Maire, current Seneschal of the only barony in MT