[Sca-cooks] Figs

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 24 19:05:09 PDT 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Ya know, not being a "shelf" food eater, I actually DID try a Hostess pie
> once.  It DID re-instill my reason for not buying "shelf" or "junk" food.

So, you're not a shelf food eater, but you ate some shelf food,
doubtless to test the idea that you should not eat the shelf food you
had not tried previously. But this is not a matter of food prejudice.
Hmmmmmm. Okay, the witness may step down now.

> OK Elvis, your on....and Adamantius is right there with ya aparently...

Um, I'm not sure what this means. My point was that Hostess fruit pies
(which may not actually be fried) are not very close to the genuine
article. If you've never tried the genuine article, the only source of
objection I can anticipate would be that they're fried, which, if not
done incompetently, is really neither a significant health nor quality
issue. There's a huge tradition from all over the world of frying
pastry, and it doesn't have to be a problem, unless this is akin to
Ras's potato salad difficulties, in which case it is basically your
problem, not the pie's.

So, what _is_ the problem? Is it just that you get all queasy at the
thought of doughnuts? Loukoumades? Apple fritters?

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com