[Sca-cooks] Viking cookbook swedes and turnips

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 25 00:20:38 PDT 2001

> ""> Umm,  I have no idea if someone earlier has mentioned this.  But
> swedes are turnips, usually the type that are white with purple bits.

The white small things with purple tops are TURNIPS in the UK.
Swedes are larger About the size of a cob loaf to the size of a football and
are in no way related to potatos. They are a member of the mangle wurzel
family and were introduced to the UK in the early middle ages.  After the
normans but berfore the tudors.
vara