[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #679 - 16 msgs

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 07:00:28 PDT 2001

Hmmm.  I'm at work now so if memory serves I believe that the brand name now
is K & K.  They are pretty much the same though.

>And the brand name is?

I stick it in a zipper bag and pop them into the drawer at the bottom of my
fridge.  I do keep it either in bags or covered with a cloth when I have the
lump out that I am working with.  The surface will get stiff but can be
caressed and made soft again.  The finished pieces I either leave out for a
while to set up or I cover, depending on how hard I want/need the
presentation to be.  The peach pits, for instance, I leave sit out and get
fairly hard.  That way transporting them to a feast is as simple as tossing
them in a bag and they won't mash.  The roses I do I leave set out for while
but the petals are so thin that if they dry out too much the edges crack so
I pop them into a tupper.