[SCA-Cooks] Viking cookbook//nettles

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 25 08:26:51 PDT 2001

Stinging nettles [Urtica dioica] are naturalized in the US.
See: http://www.naturepark.com/snettle.htm
and
http://www.desertusa.com/mag01/sep/papr/stngnet.html
and
http://www.sbherbals.com/121999HotM.html

I would be cautious about wild gathering in the US,
due to spraying. They are considered to be a weed.
Johnnae llyn Lewis Johnna Holloway