[Sca-cooks] Fried Pies OT recipe

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 25 09:59:06 PDT 2001

Ted Eisenstein wrote:

> A Mars bar is a candy bar in the US: chocolate on the outside, and caramel
> and something vaguely related to nougat (I think) on the inside, and other
> stuff. Deep-fried, as in, take the wrapper off and throw it into hot fat, the
> way you'd cook fried chicken except there's no covering and it's a chocolate
> bar not a dead bird.

However, since most of the ingredients are such that they will liquefy
upon any prolonged exposure to hot oil, it seems to me that a coating
(again, batter comes to mind) would be utterly necessary.

Actually, it sounds as if, provided you have a current version of your
last will and testament made out, signed and suitably witnessed, it
might not be too awful cracked over some decent vanilla ice cream. And
then maybe you could eat another one in about forty years, when you've
sufficiently recovered...

> I think. Mind you, I've never actually seen such a thing, and have no desire
> to ever have one, but I hear there are a few places in the UK where you can
> get one made up for you.

I gather they're becoming increasingly popular.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com