[Sca-cooks] OT - How to eat a Mars bar . . .

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 25 10:06:00 PDT 2001

See: http://www.bondisurfseafood.com.au/mars/mars_fr.htm
or better yet
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/scotland/newsid_654000/654750.stm

where the story says:
A Scottish chef has sparked a national debate in France after
outraging food purists by putting deep-fried chocolate bars on the
menu. ...Ross Kendall introduced the "delicacy" ...  last year.
His menu also features chocolate-filled ravioli and chicken
in Seven-Up but it  was the popularity of the deep-fried
Mars Bar with a dash of cinnamon that got French food critics in a stew.
... Vincent Noce, of the left-wing daily Liberation declared that
 the £1.40 battered bars were "not bad at all".

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis