[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Deep-fried Mars bars Was: Fried Pies OT recipe

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 25 12:14:06 PDT 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> >The whole concept makes me shudder, too, but that's a mildly funny
> >response as one of the highlights for that festival for me is the Scotch
> >eggs ...
>
> Tried Scotch eggs.  Liked em actually.  Lot of work for an egg though.

Even more work for conspicuous consumption is Scotch Quail Eggs!  Cute lil'
guys.  We even tried Scotch Salmon Eggs one time, but nobody liked it, myself
included.

> Yes, if you can find a guinea...er nice volunteer to try this Mars
> mess..um..treat, that would be just fine and let us know if they
> live..er..liked it.

That sounds like a Wednesday Night Experiment to me!  Next week, I got a
housefull of mad Star Trek fans in this week.  I have to find Clarissa Dixon
Wright's last cookbook, I know the deep-fried Mars Bar is in there.

Selene, Caid.