[Sca-cooks] Nasty Foods...

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Tue Sep 25 21:02:47 PDT 2001

""(So, what was the worst SCA dish y'all have ever come across at a
feast?)

The worst dish I ever redacted (at a cooks guild night) was Tangut
Lungs (ASFTQ).  Cubes of Boiled sheeps lung smothered in a very bitter
green sauce composed of Leek juice, Ginger Juice, Pepper, Butter,
Flour.

I boiled the lung too long and use too much leek juice.  It reminded
of chunks of liver flavoured marshmallow in a diesel-based sauce as
bright as green M&M's.

A poor redaction that was so bad that the nicest comment on the Guild
Comment Sheet was simple - "Vile.".  I've been threatened with
physical harm if I ever try the recipe again...

Luckily it never made it to a feast.....

Drakey,

ps.  Those in Lochac..... I still have another 2 sheep lungs in the
freezer..... run, run for your lives.....