[Sca-cooks] Regretable foods....and fixes OOP

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Sep 25 21:48:40 PDT 2001

I like pretty much everything except kohlrabi and organ meats, so I've
never really run across an SCA feast that's been that bad (or a dish).
Of those I've really had a problem with (really undercooked pork roast,
geese that weren't completely cleaned, two italian dishes with
burned/scorched sauces [okay, someone served both red sauce and a white
sauce for the spaghetti]), etc., most were matters of "oh, sh*t, now
what do I do that I've ruined the main course" type of errors, rather
than bad taste....So, my related question would be, what's the worst
kitchen disaster you've ever faced, and how did you fix it?
--Maire