[Sca-cooks] Florilegium files by email

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Sep 26 16:07:39 PDT 2001

Magdalena suggested:
> Hrm... Stephan, are you running the Florilegium on linux or unix?  I
> wonder if we could configure majordomo to accept a command something
> like "file list" that would send the filelist back to the sender; Then
> the sender could choose his/her files and send a command like "file
> SCA-weddings" that would then return just that file?  That way, every
> time you get an inquiry, all you'd have to do is reply with a
> boilerplate set of directions.  Majordomo is, if I remember correctly, a
> public domain program that we could rewrite at will... if we have the
> skill.  I know for certain there's *someone* in the SCA, in fact many
> someones, with that skill.

An interesting idea. I've sent this on to my technical guru/friend
who runs my site. It runs on a PC under Linix and Zope. I'm not
sure what it would take to do this, but we will look at it. I've
not had many requests to send files by email and seldom have had
more than one request at a time, so I'm not sure the development
cost is worth the time saved and more inconvenience for the reader,
but we'll see.

We've also considered annonymous FTP, but so far there hasn't
been enough need shown to offset the security concerns.

Thank you for your suggestion. We do take suggestions seriously
and have changed things on the Florilegium site in response to
some suggestions. Other changes are coming as time permits.

Stefan li Rous