Vive la belle nouvelle petite France! (was Mooses [was Re: [Sca-cooks] Regretable foods.... OOP])

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 23:42:34 PDT 2001

> > >Ok, with you all bashing the "Canada-is-wilderness" thing around, as if
we
> > >all live in igloos with a moose in our backyard, I have juste decided
that
> > > I am not from Canada anymore. I am from Quebec, the civilised country.
I vote
> > >yes at the next referendum for separation. And I hope it happens
quickly.

> I sincerely hope this is all in fun and you're jesting.

I have to admit I was slightly annoyed at having here associated with
wilderness, once again. But my comments were all made with a mischievous
twinkle in my eyes... Although I do kind of wish Quebec to separate, one day
;-) But not to get rid of the mooses!

> > I believe that the word you intended was Oui, mademoiselle, not yes.
Having
> > lived on the USA/Mexico border, I for one am looking forward to having
> > another cranky non-english speaking third world country as a next door
> > neighbor.  Vive la belle nouvelle petite France! :-p
>
> And I find this in very poor taste.

Uh, I don't really see what you would find poor taste, maybe there is
something I just didn't get.

But I think most ppl around here would be proud of being French-Canadians.
Not French. Not Americans.

To get back to food contents... for those who are not from Quebec, if you
ever came here, what did you think of the food?