[Sca-cooks] Fish and Chip places (OOP)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 13:14:11 PST 2002

> > This place sounds like it might be (have been?) interesting. Do they
> > sell different types of hard cider?
> >
> > --------
> >THe Cider place Gardo's, sold various forms of cider hot or cold, teas
>hot
>or cold. Nothing in a "hard" cider, Now you have to realize that this was
>when Haight/Ashbury was hippie heaven. Gardo's had a balcony that ran
>across
>the back of the shop, sort of a half second floor and it was furnitured
>with
>low tables and cushions.  I remember a day when there were twenty or thirty
>folks up there drinking cider and smoking and one fella crawling around
>asking if anyone had a regular cigarette:).
>
>YIS Elric

I didn't recall the name of that place.  I recall the place though.  There
used to be a natural foods place there too, can't remember the name but used
to shop there alot.  I used to get gallon square jars of flavored honey
there.  My favorite was avacado honey.  Never figured out how they made it,
and believe me, I've tried!  OTOH, I lived over in Berkley in 1969 and
_STILL_ cann't eat a NECCO wafer!
Olwen