[Sca-cooks] OT: We're in the honey!

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 2 15:14:40 PST 2002

I just had to share my excitement with folks that would understand.
 My first ventures in brewing -- a cyser and a metheglin -- are
sitting on the kitchen counter, bubbling away.  If I hold my nose
near the fermentation locks, I can smell sweet/yeasty/alcoholic
scents, with the occasional trace of ginger or apple.  I stand there
for minutes at a time, just watching the fizziness rising through the
golden murk, and the top of the fermentation lock doing its little jig.

I just wish I could locate my copy of Martha Washington.  I have
Cindy's "Sip Through Time", but I'd also love to read Karen Hess'
footnotes.

Brighid, feeling bubbly
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net