[SCA-cooks] Chatty

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 17:05:04 PDT 2002

>   >Good grief, I was warned this would be a chatty list, and I didn't
>   believe.  This morning load up computer, 60-something, readed a couple,
>   logged off to go to work, come home, and find now total of 101 emails.
>   Majority Sca-cooks and took an hour to go though.  May the gods let me
>   have a small amount if I ever leave for a week.  Aurore

>   So we average something like 2000 per month.
>    Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

I get the Digest format, Aurore, which does help.  You have to remember to
change the Subject of your messages if you reply, but it cuts the number by
a factor of 15-20.  I think this list goes by size; others will turn into a
Digest every 25 messages (with a catch-up in the wee hours).

Today I received ten digests (so far) ranging in size from six to twenty-one
messages.

And ranging in topic from divorced movie stars to the Republic of Texas to
capturing chipmunks to marzipan wolves to how Black Death burial sites
resemble lasagna.  Only here, only here........

                              ----= Morgan (temporarily in Atlantia)