[Sca-cooks] Looking for picnic side dish

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri Apr 12 08:59:47 PDT 2002

One of my brothers will be in town this weekend. One of the
plans is to eat hamburgers over at my other brother's house
on Saturday evening. I have been asked to bring a side dish
of some type.

They liked the baked beans that I brought last
time, so they requested something like that. They will already
have a salad. If I can find some fresh horseradish, I might
try the fried horseradish strips (given on this list by
Balthazar of Blackmoor). I will also bring a variety of
mustards for the hamburgers. Not medieval mustards, as I
never think of this far enough in advance and they need
to age some.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions of a period dish
that would work as a sidedish/fingerfood with hamburgers?
Yes, this is part of my scheme to introduce the mundane
world to medieval foods when I can.

Thanks,
  Stefan