[SCA-cooks] Re: Quick recipes was ......

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 12 06:30:59 PDT 2002

> Does anyone know a quick and easy recipe thats period
> to teach for a demo? I'm doing one on Sunday for our
> Youth Activity. Would Tiramisu be considered?

NO - not period in its current form.  Likewise trifle.

I would recommend making cheese, if you have a couple hours for it to drain.
What cooking facilities do you have?  That can make a difference whether you
should cook ahead and do tastings (which our Guild does for the midweek
meetings) or you can do a hands-on (which requires more setup, time, and
possibly cooking).

Stuff like Losynes and Pain Pur-du, which look and taste familiar, can be
good things to offer depending upon the age and palate-sophistication of the
youths.  If they can help, something like hais or honey candy, that they can
play with, might be good choices.  If you can bake, make iumballs.

                                                ----= Morgan