[Sca-cooks] assumptions

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Fri Apr 12 11:56:45 PDT 2002

If the first thing out of their mouths is how great Texas is, and they
happen to have that little bumper sticker, and all they talk about is how
Texas [insert inanity] here, yes. They have to pretty much behave in a
civilized manner. I don't treat them any differently, but I pretty much
ignore them unless I have to deal with them. If the first thing out of their
mouth is any other subject, and Texas pretty much isn't discussed other than
as a place they happen to live in [phrased as 'ansteorra'] then I can deal
with them as an intelligent member of AMERICA.

Hot button. Texas isn't a country now, it is America. California isn't a
country anymore, it is America. People with darkish skins born in the
country are Americans. People here from a different continent, and who
happen to be naturalized citizens are Americans. The only African-Americans
are those who happen to have dual citizenship in the US and a country that
happens to be on the continent south of Europe...Get the idea? I happen to
be very proud of being American [it helps that my family has been here since
the 1600s...on one side, and the 1700s on the other. I would be just as
proud if it was the latest addition to the family, a WW1 war bride from
Belgium married to a grand uncle on my Mom's side.]
margali
Just another prejudiced American.

the quote starts here:
Before I say anything, let me make sure I understand what was said
here... are you saying that you believe *everyone* -- each single
individual person -- from Texas is an @ssh*le, until each individual
person proves otherwise?

Assumptions.  *shudder*