[Sca-cooks] quick and easy

M+D: Mary and Doug Piero Carey mdcarey at compuserve.com
Fri Apr 12 18:29:41 PDT 2002

Hi Misha,

I'd suggest sekanjabin. Not to actually make at the demo, but to serve.
Mix up a batch in one of those picnic drink coolers, take a supply of the
littlest dixie cups, to give out tastes.  Have a non-leaking waste baket for
the cups, as quite a few will get pitched while almost full.  Some kids will
hate it - some kids will want the recipe.  You can introduce it as a medieval
equivalent of Kool-aid.  That intrigues grade schoolers.  Take a sample of
the undiluted syrup for them to sniff at and smile(internally) at the surprised
expressions.  How many people are you expecting, and how old will they
be?

Maria