[Sca-cooks] Tableware-- was question in March

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Apr 13 18:33:14 PDT 2002

Does anyone have recommendations on sources for period (or
period-appearing) tableware? I've been relying on Chris for feast gear,
but I think I should be thinking about getting my own, and don't want to
break the bank doing it.
Avraham
----------
Quite by chance I stopped by a Mikasa store while
on break and came across two items that might be
of interest to some.
They had new wooden cheese plates at $10.00, suitable
for SCA plates.They are in the Tropica line.
Someone else mentioned chargers as a possibility and Mikasa
was offering a new variety of chargers to sit below china
plates. These were plastic that looked like metal at prices
ranging between $10-$17.00. They looked like metal,
but weighed nothing.
Mikasa is online at: http://www.mikasa.com/
The chargers are under "tableware" then click "service plates".
They also have outlet shops that might be shopped at
for discounts.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway