[Sca-cooks] Cooking for the press

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 14 21:57:45 PDT 2002

I just got the news that our new local cooks guild is going to get
some excellent publicity.  A reporter and photographer from the
food section of a regional daily newspaper are coming to our
meeting on Thursday.  They want written recipes, at least 4
prepared dishes, and one dish to be cooked on site, so that they
can photograph the process.  This could be very, very good for the
barony, the canton, and the guild.  It's also an excellent opportunity
to present medieval cooking in a positive light.

We're still figuring out who's bringing what.  I've decided that I want
to bring ginestada (a pudding with rice flour, milk, nuts, and dates).
 It's easy to make, a little bit exotic, and yummy.  I had to cut my
redaction in half, though.  Half a gallon of milk makes an
appropriate quantity for SCA use, but not for home cooking.

I'll let you folks know how it goes.  Anyone have any advice for me?
 Fra Niccolo, are you out there?  I remember that you had a similar
experience.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net